Kinetic Model Kits 1/ 48 Kinetic Harrier GR1/GR3
The Harrier is the world's first practical vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft, first developed by Hawker Sidley in England in 1966. The Harrier GR.3 extends the nose of the GR.1 and is equipped with a laser rangefinder/target indicator, and a radar alarm receiver. The AV-8A is a GR.1A used by the U.S. Marine Corps, and Hawker Sidley's name for it was Harrier Mk.50. 122 of the GR.1/3 were produced, and 108 of the AV-8A were produced.
This kit from Kinetic features new parts such as the body; the control surface is a separate part. An aerial refueling probe, strike and drop tank are included, as are armed pylons used by the Royal Air Force. Armed weapons such as missiles, bombs and rocket pods are also included, as are two types of vertical tails, and nose and tail cones. Photo-etched parts and decals for six versions will allow you to finish your kit with a high degree of realism.
- Approximately 29cm long, wingspan 16.2cm when completed
- Includes Photo-etched parts, decals for 6 versions
- Including parts for GR1/GR3 (2 types of verical tails, different nose for GR1/GR3)
- New outrigger tie for Harrier GR1/GR3
- Original pointed nose
- Laser nose with and without the I-Band Transponder bulge and aerial
- Original short fin and Taller fin with RWR fairing
- Original pointed tail sting and RWR fitted tail sting
- New Inner Wing Pylon for RAF
- 7 markings for GR1/GR3
- Decal printed by Cartograf.
- Decal design by Cross Delta.
- Photo etched part is included.