Tamiya 1/ 48 Twin Pack German Aircraft Power Supply Unit & Kettenkraftrad & German Flakpanzer IV M÷belwagen
German Aircraft Power Supply Unit & Kettenkraftrad
Aircraft model not included. Image shows assembled and painted model kit.
Twin Pack German Aircraft Power Supply Unit & Kettenkraftrad & German Flakpanzer IV Möbelwagen
The Perfect Aircraft Diorama Addition
This kit is perfectly suited to displaying alongside aircraft models, as it features a WWII German Kettenkraftrad with a power supply unit used with Luftwaffe airplanes. The set also includes two engineer figures that may be posed charging an aircraft battery. Many photos from wartime Germany show the power supply unit installed on a two-wheeled cart that could be easily towed. The Kettenkraftrad was a unique half-track motorcycle that was used for a variety of purposes, including towing and servicing aircraft.
About the Model
- Detailed 1/48 assembly model of the German Kettenkraftrad w/Aircraft Power Supply Unit.
- Length: 53mm
- Choice of open or closed unit cover allowing display of fully detailed generator interior.
- Includes tool box, fire extinguisher and drum with pump as accessories to add realistic diorama detail.
- Comes with 2 engineer figures in lifelike poses.
- Match with 1/48 scale WWII German aircraft to recreate scenes from airbases.
German Flakpanzer IV Möbelwagen
A Mover That Packs a Punch
At the later stage of WWII, Wehrmacht developed various anti-aircraft vehicles, and the Möbelwagen self-propelled gun was the first to combine a Panzer IV hull with a 3.7cm Flak 43 cannon. The armor plates of the vehicle's superstructure could be lowered to afford unimpeded gun rotation. They were mainly deployed on the Western front and proved effective against low-flying Allied fighter bombers. 240 examples were produced until the end of the war.
About the Model
- 1/48 scale plastic assembly kit of the German Möbelwagen. Length: 122mm.
- The vehicle's unique form with the 3.7cm Flak 43 cannon has been faithfully reproduced.
- The Flak 43 features exquisite detail and is movable.
- Angle of the armor plates of the vehicle's superstructure may be assembled in one of three different positions; traveling, horizontal firing and anti-aircraft firing.
- Metal weights positioned inside the hull give the model a more realistic heft.
- Assembly-type tracks feature one-piece straight sections.
- 1 crew figure with binoculars included.