Tamiya 1/ 24 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition
The Premium Sportscar
The 1955 Mille Miglia saw the Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR won the fastest victory in the history of the event. The machine featured the car number “722”, which was incorporated into the name of the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition supercar announced at the 2006 Paris Motor Show. A 5.5 liter supercharged V8 engine was fitted to the SLR’s long-nose/short-deck body design. Output from the engine was increased from 626hp to 650hp, while a firmer suspension, 10mm lower ride height, and ceramic front brake discs contribute to heightened agility. This exclusive edition is the polished pinnacle of driving performance, a level which only 150 lucky owners around the world will be able to experience.
About the Model
- 1/24 scale plastic assembly kit model. Length: 195mm, Width: 81mm
- The long-nose/short-deck body design is realistically reproduced.
- Metal shafts enable to depict open doors.
- Bonnet can be opened to showcase the detailed V8 engine even after assembly.
- Metal transfers are included to depict emblems and side mirror surfaces. The “722” logo as well as instrumental panel are replicated with decals.
- Metal-plated 6 twin-spoke wheels features glossy finish.
- Die-cast under panel provides a greater presence with the model.